Our school at a glance
Take a quick but thorough look at our school, student body, core curriculum and student performance.
- Educating girls in grades 6, 7, and 8 in small, seminar-style classes that encourage critical thinking since 1998.
- Mission: The school cultivates emotional growth and intellectual strength in girls, preparing them for the demands of high school, college, and young adulthood.
- Located at 310 West Zia Road in Santa Fe, New Mexico on one acre of land.
- Enrollment: up to 45 students
- Staff to student ratio: 1:9
- Five full-time teachers, three with advanced degrees
- An average of 35% of students identify as non-Anglo.
- An average of 20% of students receive tuition assistance.
- On average, 86% of students enter SFGS from public elementary schools, and 77% return to public schools.
- Core curriculum: Mathematics, History, Geography, Language Arts, Environmental Science, Spanish
- Enrichment curriculum: Poetry, Fitness, IMPACT Personal Safety, Folk Arts, and Fine Arts
- Elective curriculum (varies semester to semester): Dance, beading, cooking, astrology, drama, sign language, volleyball, fabric art, yoga, baking and more
- Our 8th grade students consistently test in the top 15% of the nation’s students and enter the high schools they choose with 11-12th grade equivalencies.
- More than 99% of our graduates attend college.
- Field-based environmental science programming focused on 9-acre parcel of the Santa Fe River and neighborhood permaculture farm
- Operating budget of less than $500,000
- We raise up to 18% of operational budget through grants and donations
- Ten-member Board of Trustees are 100% donors and participate in fundraising